Hello everyone! My name is David Hawkins, I am 40 years old, married to a beautiful woman named Tirza for 17 wonderful years. We have 4 great kids ranging in age from 11 years old to 6 year old twins. Needless to say our lives are pretty busy, filled with lots of love and lots of fun. We wouldn’t want it any other way.
I am a physical therapist and Certified Stength and Conditioning Specialist for the last 14 years and prior to receiving my masters degree, I worked in the PT industry since high school. I have experienced both sides of the equation. I have been a patient recovering from injury and a therapist providing the treatment to others needing help. I can honestly say that I enjoy being on the therapist side more than the patient side. But, being a previous patient also helps me understand what my patients are going through.
Over the years I have had thousands of questions from friends, family, and patients regarding their health and fitness. Here is a small sampling of a few of those questions:
- What can I do about the pain that starts in my back and runs down my leg?
- My knee is bothering me when I run down hill, what do you recommend?
- What exercises are best for carpal tunnel?
- I am experiencing neck pain at work and I don’t understand why. What should I do?
- I am trying to lose weight, is there a program that you recommend?
- Now that I am done with therapy, what should I do?
- I experience foot pain in the morning when I first get up, what does that mean?
- Do you take supplements and do they really work?
- I am scheduled for rotator cuff surgery next week, what can I expect in terms of recovery?
- My doctor says losing weight will help my back and knees but I don’t know where to start, can you help?
- My headaches are getting worse and I don’t know how I got them, or how to stop them. What should I do?
Through my experience I have helped thousands of individuals with these and other questions recover from injury and improve their lives. Along the way I have witnessed remarkable achievements, and some failures. These experiences have helped me formulate different keys to success when it comes to dealing with the human body. My hope is that this blog will become a source of information for those seeking answers to questions.
With the right knowledge and the proper application of that knowledge, we can overcome obstacles that once appeared insurmountable.
I look forward to helping as many people as I can in one of life’s great journeys. Discovering the keys to unlocking your own health and fitness.
To Your Success!!